Download Files Size:
Our suffering can become our superpower.
Are you willing to be uncomfortable in order to become the best version of yourself? Are you dedicated to embracing pain to discover your fullest potential?
David Goggins gets right to the root of growth; as a retired U.S. Navy SEAL and former U.S. Air Force Tactical Air Control Party member who took part in the War in Afghanistan and the Iraq War, David understands how it takes embracing challenges and suffering to become the most powerful version of ourselves.
From earning a living from killing cockroaches to becoming a soldier and one of the top elite endurance athletes in the world, David proves in this episode that once a man decides that he’s dedicated to living the best version of himself there truly is no limit to what we can overcome.
“If I can overcome this, if I can find some power in this, some way to get through this, that right there could be the fuel for the rest of my life. And so I found great strength in suffering.”
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The “Lowest Me Mentality” and How to Overcome It
- Motivation vs. Obsession—and Which One We Want
- The 40% Rule and a Power Analogy of Heaven
- The Jar of F*ck and and Importance of Controlling our Morning
- The Cookie Jar and How to Create an Indestructible Mental Toolbox
- How Suffering Changes our Self-Identity and Reveals our Strengths
- Why Peace and Enlightenment is reached through Adversity and Suffering
“Without friction there is no growth.”
Hearing David’s fire and passion is exactly what we need to light our own fire and wake up to our potential. Don’t miss this interview!
Resources and Mentions:
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- David Goggins on Impact Theory
- Exponential Organization by Salim Ismail
- Jason Campbell, Host of Mindvalley Impact
- Marisa Peer, British Hypnotherapist
Connect with David:
As inspired as we are? Don’t miss:
- How To Achieve Lasting Change By Rewriting Your Subconscious Beliefs
- How To Quickly Reframe Your Current Reality To Avoid Conflict
- 7 Quotes On The Power Of Self-Confidence By Marisa Peer
Like what you heard? Tune in to more of David Goggins on Mindvalley Mentoring:
Mindvalley Mentoring: transformational mentoring with the world’s best teachers. Learn to create extraordinary levels of success by shifting the two core aspects that define us as human: our beliefs and habits.